Friday, July 2, 2010

Stop Doing That Or The Monkey Gets Molested

Well last night was a interesting night.  The boy came over after he got off work.  It had been a long week for me (pain and not feeling well).  So the boy suggested that he come over and we just relax and hang out.  It sounded like a great idea to me.  I really do like this boy.  He's nice and sweet (ok maybe just to me but that's what counts)  he can carry on a conversation and doesn't irritate me (big big deal for me).  I never really thought he liked me "that way".  You see he is 9 years younger than me and the age difference I thought was just a little bit to big.  In same ways I still do.  According to him though, "I have never dated someone my own age or younger."  Now this kinda scares me because the first thing that pops into my head is mother issues.  But it doesn't appear to be that way.  I think he really likes a good conversation, and he says that he can't get that from younger women.  Anyways, he comes over and we are talking and hanging out.  He is sitting at my computer, trying to find some music to listen to.  I light a cigarette and the smoke goes right at him.  I told him that he was in the wrong place.  He takes this as move.  Which I know he doesn't like the smoke coming right at him so I thought was a good idea.  He comes to sit on the bed next to me.  I'm just being my normal silly self and playing with a stuffed monkey that I have.  I was making it dance and basically entertaining myself.  He grabs the monkey and says to me "stop doing that or the monkey gets molested" now this just made me roll laughing.  It was good because this is exactly what I needed.  He then starts to get really antsy and get up and moving around and when I question him about it (btw he doesn't like to give answers to questions)  he says "I'm thinking of doing something, but I don't know if it is a good idea".  Now I'm very confused.  While I have no illusions that I find him attractive and would probably sleep with him in a heart beat, I never thought he felt the same way.  He goes on to say "this would be so much easier for me if you were ugly."  I chose to act offended, but to those who know me, that would SO not be something I was offended by.  He gets his cute little grin on his face and just looks at me.  Ok butterflies in my stomach!  Then he takes my hand and starts massaging it.  In my mind I'm thinking "cool I'm making progress" .  But of course my mind and my mouth SO don't get along so I say "THAT was what you were so wishy washy about? THAT is what you didn't know if you wanted to do?"  My brain is screaming "SHUT UP!" but of course my mouth doesn't listen.  I go onto say "wow I thought it was going to be something like you asking me for a blow job or something."  Then there is a awkward silence.  And some more awkward silence....and some more awkward silence. I swear I could just beat myself up!  But the night went on and it was still go.  We talked we laughed, but I swear if my brain and my mouth would just get along, I might of been able to get some!

No comments: