Sunday, June 6, 2010

Really?!? Who says that?

Ok so my dating life lately (ok since the dawn of time) has read like some horror story. I am always the one to pick the jerk in the crowd. From what I have heard that's not the most uncommon occurrence, but come on at some point don't the guys have to stand up and take some credit for the things that makes them a jerk? Case in point, I was seeing this guy, let's call him Bill. Well Bill seemed like a nice guy. He has a good job, is a great father, has a wicked sense of humor, and frankly wasn't bad on the eyes. So I am thinking to myself SCORE! I mean my requirements in men till this point in time hadn't been to terribly high so this guy just blew off the charts for me. We had fun, we laughed, he actually got my humor and was frankly a joy to be around. Then it happened...the inevitable....he turned into a jerk. About 3 weeks into seeing him, there was a incident, and POOF he was gone. No where to be seen and not to be heard from again. Fast forward 2 months and no text messages or calls later. I pick up my phone because the text message signal went off. I was like "cool someone to talk to". I looked at the name and it was Bill. This frankly shocked me. Then I read the message and actually uttered the words "really? who says that?" So almost 2 months of not speaking to me and just disappearing into thin air he texts me "wanna come over and suck my (insert word of choice for male genitalia)". Ok did I miss a memo somewhere? When did this ever become ok? If it was a joke I probably would have laughed, but knowing Bill it was SO not a joke. I don't know what kind of woman he thought I was but I texted him back and let him know exactly what I thought of that idea. I just really don't understand men!!! I am sure I probably should of dealt with the situation with more humor and grace, but well frankly I was ticked. Oh well I guess I will just chalk it up to another experience and go off and live my life!

No comments: